[ARDF] tuning the Ron Graham RX-4 receiver

Matthew Robbins cedarcreek at gmail.com
Mon May 23 14:40:55 PDT 2005

I had a set back with the RX-4.

I tuned the sense antenna several months ago, and it was great!  I had
sense from 10m to 800m.

Saturday, I got it out for a demo event, and the sense didn't work *at
all*.  No perceptible difference between front and back.

I've had it in the car for 3 or 4 trips to local ARDFs, so it has been
exposed to some vibration.  I wonder if it's got a slug that's not
tight enough to hold its position?  I remember it being pretty easy to
turn.

Should I try some wax or Q-dope or something to lock it in place after
I tune it again?

{Val: This might explain why you were having trouble with it.}

Matthew
AA9YH