[ARDF] Albuquerque ARDF

Matthew Robbins cedarcreek at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 21:58:42 PDT 2005

I second what Dick says.

I've been setting orienteering courses since November 2002, (if you
don't count an event in College in 1986 or so), and I know most people
don't understand how much work goes into even a small event.  An event
with housing, busses, airport pick-up, and, probably most amazing of
all, mapping, is just beyond the call of duty.

You did an amazing job.  I was impressed.

If anyone is looking for ARDF resolutions for next year, I'd propose
that everyone (who is able) resolve to set an ARDF event before the
next championships.  I know a lot of people do set courses, but if you
don't, you should.  Here in Cincinnati, the equipment is usually
programmed by one guy, and all the setter has to do is turn it on at
the right time and put it in the woods.  I know a lot of you don't
have access to an Orienteering Club and maps, or even ARDF club gear,
but see what you *can* do.  (And then post a report to the ARDF list.)

Again, Great job guys.  I *still* am impressed.

Matthew
AA9YH
Cincinnati, Ohio