[ARDF] Altai 3,5 battery

Kenneth E. Harker kenharker at kenharker.com
Mon Aug 1 19:48:01 PDT 2005

     I charged up both of our Altai 3,5s last week and they both worked.

Today, one of them isn't turning on even after four hours or so of charging,
so I opened it up to look inside.  The battery looks a little sick - some
bluish-green and white powdery stuff around the terminals....

Aside from the date of manufacture (December, 1991) I can't really read
any of the markings on the battery.  It looks possible that the terminals
are the same as a standard 9V battery (although it is definitely not the
same shape,) and one of the markings on the side is "B 8,4" but I have no
idea if that is voltage...  Can anyone help?

--
Kenneth E. Harker WM5R
kenharker at kenharker.com
http://www.kenharker.com/