[ARDF] Protractors

Sam Smith samfsmith at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 07:02:56 CDT 2004

I just think that taking a vague direction (from your ARDF receiver)
from a vague location (Do you really know where you are?) and plotting
a perfect bearing on the map (How accurate is that map anyway?) is a
waste of time. It's the old significant digit problem. Suppose I can
measure temperature to the nearest tenth of a degree. I take two
measurements of 72.6  and 72.7, then report the average as 72.65. That
may be numerically correct, but it implies a precision that I do not
have in the original measurement.

Sam N4MAP