[ARDF] Attenuators for ARDF...

Matthew Robbins cedarcreek at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 10:19:23 CDT 2004

The vibe I'm getting is that offset is cheap enough and easy enough to use.
Furthermore, it's just more capable than a step attenuator.  It sounds
like offset is the way to go when you have to use an off-the-shelf
radio.

Dale: Tell me about this double balanced mixer instead of
    a single diode.  Do you have a schematic you can send me?  (And
the crystal set, too.)

One last question (no promises, though): I've been looking for a
schematic of an older offset attenuator that uses one AA battery
rather than a 9V.  Again, the impetus is to reduce the cost of, say,
20 units.  I realize I'm only talking about two or three dollars per
attenuator, but I'd like to consider all the options.  Does the more
complicated one with voltage regulator and TTL (?) oscillator offer
advantages with stability or ease-of-manufacture (or especially cost)?

Matthew
Cincinnati, Ohio USA