[ARDF] ARDF Championships Results Posted

Marvin Johnston marvin at rain.org
Thu Jun 24 11:21:36 CDT 2004

Hi,

Many thanks to all the competitors and volunteers for helping to make
this a successful event!

The results are now posted to the web site as is the portion of the map
showing the start/finish and transmitter locations for both courses.

Something I think would be useful is for competitors to post a
description of your route along with a copy of the map showing the route
taken on the course. Jay Hennigan has already done that and hopefully
that will be up on the site later today. We have LAOC permission to post
the map sections that are posted on the web site, so if you do show your
route, please copy the map segment from the web site, mark it up, and
return it to me along with any descriptions or comments you might have.

Something else that would be useful is to start some discussion on the
good and bad points of the courses, route choices, etc. so others can
learn. Right now, it seems like there is not much being posted about how
we can improve our ARDF skills and I think sharing our experiences will
help everyone do better. I might add that Gyuri and Vadim both nailed
the locations of the transmitters when given the maps at the start. I'm
not sure if that is good or bad :).

The Championship Web Site is located at:
http://www.sbarc.org/ardf/index.shtml