[ARDF] US Championships Results...

Dick Arnett DArnett at stelizabeth.com
Wed Jun 23 16:08:50 CDT 2004

The SI software that was used for electronic punching is normally used for a score-o orienteering meet where each control found is worth a set number of points.  Sometimes harder to get controls are worth more points.  Penalty points are usually deducted for each minute over the time limit.  Since these were columns of information that were already there I am sure they just let each control found equal 10 points (default).  If a participant went overtime all of the accrued points were negated.  In this way you could see how many controls all participants found instead of the usual DNF for OT participants.  Not sure about the note on Csaba.

On Tue, Jun 22, 2004 at 10:23:34PM -0400, Matthew Robbins wrote:
> I just noticed these on the LAOC Website:
>
> Matthew
> AA9YH
>
> 2m results:
>
> http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Trails/6320/la_results/la_results_2004/re_04_0618_ARDF2m_s.html

Points?  Penalties?  Score?  Huh?

> 2m splits:
>
> http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Trails/6320/la_results/la_results_2004/re_04_0618_ARDF2m_r.html

I don't understand the note next to Csaba Tiszttarto's splits.

--
Kenneth E. Harker WM5R
kenharker at kenharker.com
http://www.kenharker.com/