[ARDF] [Adam's RadiO Diary] Singapore in 6 hours

Adam Scammell a.scammell at rocketmail.com
Tue Aug 24 08:54:13 CDT 2004

Hello all,
We touched down in Changi Airport after a short (5hour) trip direct
from home.
We just missed the "free tour" so instead opted to find our own way
into town. With map in hand we found the subway and we were off.
We worked out if we hightailed it to the Duck Tour we could partake in
the last for the day. Adopting some orienteering skills and the Len
Budge waddle we arrived with 20 minutes to spare. The tour was in an
Ex. Vetnam era Amphibious transport vechicle. (cutely painted) the tour
lasted an hour of which more than half was in the harbor.
After a yummy meal we headed off in search of the Fort Canning Park and
a multitude of steps. (I used to think Sydney was hilly).
We played it safe arriving back here (changi) with a few hours to
spare. Im typing here from a free internet cafe (slow) with a 15 minute
boot off timer.
The next leg is the longest 12 hours from here to Frankfurt.
Till next Time.
Adam