[ARDF] ARDF Transmissions

Dale Hunt WB6BYU dale at onlinemac.com
Fri Apr 23 19:52:01 CDT 2004

Marvin Johnston wrote:

> What is the meaning of MO, and why was it chosen for ARDF competitions?

    I suspect it derives from "MOI", or "me" in French.

    Since all the international transmitters have a keyed carrier,
 you want something with a lot of dashes to the transmitter is on
 long enough to take a bearing.  And, of course, you want the dits
 at the end where they are easier to count because you know when to
 expect them.

    Of course there is probably a much better story to be had, and
 maybe we can pry it out of someone in Brno...

      - Dale WB6BYU
---