[ARDF] fibreglass/kevlar yagis

Jay Hennigan jay at west.net
Mon Sep 22 10:11:02 CDT 2003

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003, Dick Arnett wrote:

> Thanks Adam.  All I had was a mental picture of the beam although I
> thought Bruce had a gama match on his antenna.  The fibreglass/kevlar
> stiffener I have is between 5/32 and 3/16 in diameter.

Kite shops might be a good source.  See the following links:

http://www.kiteloft.com/store/catalog/product.asp?sku=2295
http://www.kiteloft.com/store/catalog/product.asp?sku=1011

The first is fiberglass rod, the second carbon fiber.  Relatively
inexpensive, $2 USD for fiberglass and $4 for carbon fiber in 4 foot
lengths.  Available in a variety of diameters.

Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Administration - jay at west.net
WestNet:  Connecting you to the planet.  805 884-6323      WB6RDV
NetLojix Communications, Inc.  -  http://www.netlojix.com/