[ARDF] fibreglass/kevlar yagis

Adam Scammell a.scammell at rocketmail.com
Mon Sep 22 00:56:35 CDT 2003

> Dick, what is appropriate size?  I'm familiar with the quarter-inch

Ours elements are 4-5mm thick suitable for RG-58 or similar braid.

We had an antenna build day, 8 or so people constructed about 20
antennas.
Builders purchased them for cost, the remaining yagi's were sold off
with about $5-10 profit.

I think the completed unit was about $40AUD ~$30USD.
dimentions based on http://www.users.bigpond.com/gagw/VTbeam.html

bicycle chain links (with out the axial bit) are used to clamp the
elements in place.
~1cm square U section al. is used for the boom.
matching (gama) used very thin coax inside ~2-3mm brass tube cheap
rugged capacitor.

This isn't going to make any sense at all..
I will photograph one and post details.
Rgds,
Adam
VK3YDF