[usa2003ardf] ARDF / Radio Orienteering - Atlanta July 12-13

Sam Smith sam.smith at ece.gatech.edu
Mon Jun 30 12:01:45 CDT 2003

The Georgia Orienteering Club is pleased to sponsor a practice for the
upcoming Region 2 Champs.

The location is Cochran Mill Park just SW of Atlanta, about 15 miles
from Hartsfield Airport. This is an IOF standard orienteering map.

There will be a 2 meter practice July 12th with 5 transmitters.
There will be an 80 meter practice July 13th with 5 transmitters.
The usual international rules, 5 minute sequence with MOE, MOI, MOS,
MOH, MO5. We will probably adjust the minimum spacing rule. There will
be no homing beacon.

This will be a physically difficult practice, not only because it is on
foot, but because Cochran Mill Park is in the flood plain of the
Chattahoochee River and it's been the wettest year in quite a while!
Expect to cross swamps and ford creeks several times. Bring extra shoes
or we won't let you go out to eat with us afterwards...

Start time is approximately 9AM both days. We will go rain or shine.
There will be regular orienteering on July 13th as well.

Directions, etc. are on our web page at:
http://www.gaorienteering.org

Sam N4MAP