[usa2003ardf] Direct conversion receiver

Sam Smith sam.smith at ece.gatech.edu
Fri Jan 24 14:44:56 CST 2003

Thanks for the OK on the FM headphones/wireless link. Next question:

Direct conversion receiver? I know I'm going in the opposite direction
from everybody else, since the radios seem to be getting more
complicated with lots of features. Will a DC receiver with a 3.579
crystal be OK? It will probably radiate a little, although it will have
to be a few hundred hertz away from the fox frequency or I won't be able
to use it :-).

I'm shooting for gain knob and nothing else. Sort of like the thumb
compass of ARDF.

Sam N4MAP