[ARDF] Reverse-bezel fast compass?

Charlesscharlau at aol.com Charlesscharlau at aol.com
Thu Aug 21 09:53:16 CDT 2003

I've got some reverse compass rose graphic files in Jasc Paintshop Pro format that I'd be happy to share. They can easily be saved in other formats (e.g., .bmp, .gif, .tif, .jpg, etc.) but I'm not sure that the scaling (i.e., pixels per inch) would be preserved after the conversion. But that might not be important, you'll just have to rescale them yourself, which you might have to do anyway to fit your particular compass.

If you print out the compass rose on quality paper, then cut out the rose and its center, then stick it to your compass using clear WIDE packing tape, it looks *almost* professional. I do a similar thing with the attenuation control on my receivers... they didn't come with precise markings for the gain/attenuation setting. So I created a scale from 0 to 10 that matches the ~80 degree angle of movement for a single-turn potentiometer.

If there is sufficient interest I will post the files to my web site: http://www.qsl.net/nz0i/

73,
Charles
NZ0I

Jay Hennigan wrote:

Or has anyone done a scalable graphic of a compass ring that is correct for this use that they're willing to share?