[ARDF] Re: [usa2003ardf] Fox Oring transmitters

Gerald Boyd wb8wfk at worldnet.att.net
Mon Aug 11 19:34:49 CDT 2003

Sam,

I see some options to getting this answered.

I have a contact at ARRL HQ  and the FCC that I have used for "OO" issues.
I could start with the HQ contact and depending on what the answer is I
could ask the FCC contact.

If the group thinks there is an issue with the rules, I would be willing to
ask.

I now have two of the 80 meter fox-o transmitters built and tested. Both
have a range around 100 meters. I think this could be a good tool for
navigation skills training.

As we start using these low power transmitters we may be often asked about
how they comply with the rules by local hams. It might be nice to be able to
show some documentation that the issue was addressed at the HQ or FCC level
and that its ok to this un modulated CW source.

As we all know BPL is going to be a larger threat to the HF bands then these
small fox-0 transmitters.

Jerry